The primary function of a PVC-coated conduit system is to maximize the life of the electrical system contained and to prevent corrosion from sabotaging its structural integrity. One of the most common exposures occurs at the threads of conduit connections when a sleeve at the female thread is unavailable. Most electrical fitting types can be coated, however in the instance the product is unable to be coated, protection of the thread is still important to the performance of the system.
To prevent thread exposure, Perma-Cote PVC-coated conduit developed a simple, detachable sleeve providing a consistent seal over the exposed conduit threads at the point of connection.
Perma-Cote’s “PVC Coated Sealing Locknut” features include:
- Built-in gasket at the face of a locknut to provide a positive seal against water, oils, and other liquids against the hub of a connected fitting.
- An integral sleeve on the reverse side of the locknut is designed to fit securely over the circumference of the adjacent coated conduit.
- Extra thin construction which allows the sleeve to thread on only 2-1/2 threads leaving at least seven threads for complete engagement of the conduit to its connected fitting.
- Gasket and sleeves made of specially formulated and UL-recognized PVC materials, tested for aging-resistant compressive and tensile properties.
- A simple design which allows for easy installation and tightening over conduit threads at joints throughout the system. The only tools required for tightening include a strap-wrench and lube to assist the fitted sleeve over PVC-coated conduit.
Perma-Cote can contribute to extended service life by more than 10 times that of other product options. By eliminating product failure, you eliminate the staggering cost of downtime, safety hazards, replacement costs, and related liabilities.
A major part of corrosion prevention is proper product selection based on understanding the precise requirements of any given job and matching them with the best available anti-corrosion products. Perma-Cote PVC coated conduit and fittings provide a superior sealed system designed to last in the harshest environments and protect electrical infrastructure from corrosion.
For more information on the Perma-Cote PVC Coated Sealing Locknut: